Sunday, July 15, 2012

I believe introductions are in order

Welcome, reader, to Libris Dorkus. This is my first attempt at keeping a blog, but I'm hoping it proves at least modestly successful. So, what exactly will be discussed in this blog? Whatever suits my desires, really. But, topics that will frequently be discussed are as follows; gaming, literature, film, art, and life (musing about certain parts of life, as opposed to discussing specifics of my life).

Gaming is a large part of my life, and has been for more than a decade. I primarily take part in table-top gaming (board, card and pen & paper RPGs), but I do have an interest in console gaming, as well as LARP.

Literature is a bit of a more narrow focus for me. I read very few authors, and have a tendency to re-read novels often. But, my love has been encouraging (threatening) me to expand my horizons, so expect to see a fair number of literary discussions on here.

I am a frequent movie-goer, and also tend to watch movies a fair amount at home as well. I am interested in many genres, except for horror. Lately, I've taken to seeing mostly action/fantasy movies. Comedies these days tend to be... well, not funny, in my opinion.

Being an art student, I obviously have opinions about the art world, and art in general. I may discuss projects I'm working on, or a new artist I've discovered, or maybe even just talk about techniques and mediums.

Well, I believe that's all for an introduction. I intend to do a true post sometime this week, and will try and do one every week.

Until then, take care and game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment